Monday, March 06, 2006

Introducing: My New Theme Song (Maybe)

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Miami uh uh
South Beach bringin the heat uh
Haha can y’all feel that
Can y’all feel that
Jig it out uh

Chorus

Party in the city where the heat is on
All night on the beach till the break of dawn
Welcome to Miami
Buenvenidos a Miami
Bouncin in the club where the heat is on
All night on the beach till the break of dawn
I’m goin to Miami
Welcome to Miami


How exactly does one "Jig it out" anyway?
And is it legal in Dade County?

4 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Frange said...

Even though I think Eminem is amazing, (and I know this makes me even whiter than I already am to say this;) there's definitely a place for the Will Smith "harmless" rap song.

Music, (and Hip hop especially) is definitely a powerful way to comment on (or condemn) society, but in the end, it's still entertainment, and sometimes, when I listen to music, I just want to be entertained, not reminded of the inequality still present in the modern world.

When artists like Will Smith get ripped for not being hardcore, and not having street cred or whatever, who cares? Why do some people insist on only listening to music by an artist who would kill somebody just because they looked at him in a manner he didn't take a liking to?

It's not my world, I guess; but then again, if so many of the songs are about speaking out against continued inequality... well, why not try and meet somewhere in the middle?

 
At 3/07/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

:::sniffle:::

Suzanne? Are you all packed yet? I'm comin baby.

 
At 3/08/2006 7:07 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I think that's the song that was playing when I got my last speeding ticket--"harmless" rap indeed.

 
At 3/08/2006 7:07 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

mc--hysterical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home