Thursday, February 02, 2006

How Depressing

Western Union stopped sending telegrams, and I never got one. Although I often associate the word telegram with bad news, even the singing ones. I blame Clue for that of course. Still, it would have been fun to get one.

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. Since I live in Southern California that doesn't really concern me so much. That and the fact it's a groundhog predicting the weather, and personally he doesn't look too happy about it. I was somewhat surprised at the use of the yearly event as a publicity playground, for everything from the PA Lottery to the Super Bowl to the American Physiological Society. Any time there's a camera....

Columbian drug traffickers used puppies to smuggle heroin. There's nothing to say about that really, other than the punishment should fit the crime.

Time to watch House. At least that provides cynicism in a charismatic package.

7 Comments:

At 2/02/2006 12:55 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

No more telegrams? That sucks! Like flying on the Concord, getting a Western Union telegram is something I'll never be able to do, now!

Until my time machine is perfected.

 
At 2/02/2006 4:06 PM, Blogger Kato said...

I am your singing tele...

 
At 2/04/2006 7:58 PM, Blogger Paulius said...

I got a telegram from my brother for my birthday, when he was in the navy.

He sent it three days early, to make sure it got there in time.

No shit.

Christ, my brother's stupid.

 
At 2/04/2006 11:11 PM, Blogger Frange said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/04/2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Frange said...

I always thought they stopped the telegrams because of the movie Clue. I don't know about you guys, but after watching that movie, I definitely wanted to order up a telegram just so I could shoot whoever delivered it. As long as I still had bullets left in my gun that is. One plus two plus one plus one!

 
At 2/05/2006 7:56 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Glad Phil didn't get the telegram about the puppies--he'd never show his face again.

Ok, that was bad. I'm out of practice.

 
At 2/05/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

They should have their private parts sliced off and fed to the dogs for what they did to those puppies.

Tanya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home