Saturday, September 08, 2007

Because You Should Know If You'll Be Having Nightmares About The Shower Scene In Psycho

Why don't hotels feel it worthwhile to include pictures of bathrooms in their online photo galleries?

I find it very frustrating to search through a hotel's photos and not be able to find an example of the surfaces I will be placing parts of my naked body. It is important to know if there's a tub or a walk-in shower. If there is a sink outside the bathroom as well as in. If there is room to turn around in the shower as well as outside.

So, for anyone who may be searching for hotels in Barstow, CA, let me tell you that the Holiday Inn Express on Lenwood Road, just off I-15, is excellent. A tasty and free breakfast, an impressive lobby, pleasant guest room furnishings and a very spacious and stylish bathroom with flattering lighting, a large shower, long granite-style counter top and soothing colors. Because there is nothing I hate more than a WHITE hotel bathroom. Well, maybe a blue or green hotel bathroom, but that's a whole other thing.

Seriously, a little cherrywood veneer, faux-marble tiles, some chrome drawer pulls and a soft cream or taupe shower curtain is not going to break the bank and will make the hotel seem more luxurious than it really is.

It's all about illusion, people.

If I can find a picture of said hotel/bathroom, I will post it, but I don't think we had the camera out on our first stop of the cross-country trip. Mostly I took pictures of empty fields and big sky. Anyone who says the US has no great spaces left has not traveled through the west. Not that I'd want to live in these unsettled spaces, but that may be the point.

1 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 2:56 PM, Blogger DonnaN said...

Hell yeah! Maybe you should lobby for this. Until companies know there's a demand, they won't make changes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home