Friday, July 21, 2006

Third Person Objective or Limited?

Dear Diary,

I'm so sorry I haven't written lately.
Lina is still a pretty, if not perfect, kitty, and I'm happy to have her in the house!

Work is very tiring.
I seem to be spending a lot of energy doing a lot of nothing!
It's so hard being the new girl. Ugh.

I'm 'training', but all they do is give me busy work so they can either mess around or do something more important. How is a person supposed to learn anything?

And then people get mad at me when I do something wrong! Well no one handed out a stack of "Whatever You Do, DON'T....." cards to me.

Sometimes I think people are marking their territory when I walk by. Don't worry buddy, I have no interest in that stapler! Even before you rubbed it on your pants in that funny way....

Unconsciously, I've started wearing colors similar to the wall paper. By blending in, mouth shut, eyes and ears open, I'm learning a lot more. Like a fly on the wall, listening to everyone's story.

I'm not eavesdropping, I'm awaiting further instruction.

Oh well - maybe next week will be better.
I think I saw another manual with my name on it.
Goody!

Love,
Me

Note to self: Practice sleeping with eyes open.

6 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Sunny said...

New Person Paranoia.

I understand completely- been at my new site over a half a year now- coming up fast on a year- and I'm still being treated like that as well by the "old-timers".

I thought that after a while I would begin to "settle" but nope. I just don't fit in there.

So glad to see you again, Cin.

 
At 8/04/2006 5:40 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

you ok?

 
At 8/05/2006 5:42 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

like, seriously?

 
At 8/07/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger Vicarious Living said...

peachy keen, jelly bean
well, that may be a bit much, but in general, it's getting better

 
At 8/07/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Sunny said...

Don't practice sleeping with your eyes open...take a page from Jack Sparrows book and paint the eyelids to look like they are wide open when they are closed!

Is he notdead sexy in those movies?

 
At 8/07/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Vicarious Living said...

yeah, it's a pretty yummy character. sorta bad-boy, sorta class-clown.... can't quite explain it, but it works!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home